Cleaning products play an essential role in our daily lives by providing important public and personal health benefits. They are very important at home, in school, and in the office. They help us by efficiently removing dust, germs, viruses, rust, mold, etc. By using cleaning products we can keep ourselves as well as surrounding clean.
Cleaning chemicals used for cleaning include laundry detergents, bleaches, dishwashing products, industrial removers, and other household cleaners. They provide efficient cleaning, making homes, offices, and surrounding clean and hygienic. But some chemicals can be potentially harmful and can cause long-term health effects of our everyday exposure.
WHAT POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS CHEMICALS CAN BE FOUND AROUND US?
Potentially dangerous chemicals can be found in every room in our home and surrounding. If they are not properly stored or used, these products could cause minor to serious and even life-threatening health problems for us or our children.
What are these everyday household chemicals? Let’s take a tour of the rooms at our home and discover what some of these chemicals are and what all health harms they may cause:
IN THE KITCHEN AREA
⦁ The main ingredient of dishwashing detergents is phosphate. It can cause skin irritations or burns and may be poisonous if swallowed. They may cause irritation to the mouth and throat.
⦁ The regular glass cleaners contain some toxic chemicals. These products may be irritating to the eyes, skin, nose, and throat. If swallowed, they may cause drowsiness, unconsciousness, or even cause death.
IN THE FLOOR CLEANERS
Floor cleaners contain some surfactants that have wetting and foaming properties. If swallowed, they might cause intestine irritation, including nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Market local or normal branded floor cleaners due to non-toxic chemicals used in it will remove the shin & shine from the floor and start slowly damaging the flooring in coming years.
IN THE GARAGE
⦁ Antifreeze contains Ethylene glycol which is an extremely poisonous ingredient. Inhalation of the fumes can cause dizziness, swallowing antifreeze will cause severe damage to the heart, kidneys, and brain
⦁ Some latex paints emit formaldehyde when drying. High-level emission of formaldehyde can give a headache and irritation to the eyes, nose, and throat.
⦁ Oil-based paint contains toxic solvents that can be irritating to the eyes and skin and can damage the skin. Inhaling paint fumes can result in headaches, nausea, dizziness, and fatigue.
IN THE LAUNDRY
Laundry detergents contain enzymes to loosen stains and ground-in dirt which may be toxic. Detergents are also responsible for many household poisonings from accidental swallowing.
WHILE USING ALL-PURPOSE CLEANERS
Various kinds of “all-purpose” cleaning products are available in the market. These products usually contain detergents, grease remover, solvents, disinfectants, etc. Specifically, these products contain ammonia, ethylene glycol monobutyl acetate, sodium hypochlorite, and trisodium phosphate. The use of regular all-purpose cleaners can irritate the skin, eyes, nose, and throat. They can be highly hazardous to both humans and animals if swallowed.
Household bleach contains the chemical sodium hypochlorite in different concentrations. Chlorine bleach liquid and vapors can irritate the skin, eyes, nose, and throat. It can cause Dermatitis if comes in direct skin contact. Ingestion can cause severe disorders.
IN THE BATHROOM / WASHROOM
Toilet cleaners contain the chemicals sodium hypochlorite or hydrochloric acid, or bleach. Most disinfectant cleaners are harmful to your eyes and skin and will burn your throat.
WHILE USING DRAIN CLEANERS
Regular Drain cleaners can cause burning to the skin and eyes, and if swallowed, can damage the esophagus and stomach. It can irritate the skin and eyes and can damage the kidneys, liver, and digestive tract. The chemicals present in drain cleaners produce dangerous fumes, can cause skin burns and can cause blindness if they come in contact with your eyes. Drain cleaners can be fatal if swallowed.
IN THE LIVING ROOM
⦁ Furniture cleaners contain some toxic chemicals that can irritate skin, eyes, throat, lungs, and windpipe. If swallowed, furniture polish can cause nausea and vomiting.
⦁ Air fresheners contain some hazardous ingredients which may cause strong irritation to the eyes, skin, and throat. These ingredients are usually highly flammable.
WHY SWITCHING TO GREEN CLEANING PRODUCTS IS BENEFICIAL TO US?
Green cleaning products are made up of all environment-friendly natural plants ingredients and procedures which are designed to preserve human health and environmental quality. They are more durable, reusable, less toxic, less resource-intensive, and safer for the environment, wildlife, and people. If, we use eco-friendly products that will not only help to protect the planet but also ensure all our family member’s health and well-being of our loved ones will be healthy and stay fit always.
ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS OF GREEN CLEANING PRODUCTS:
- Green Products are non-toxic so they reduce exposure to toxic and dangerous chemicals
- Reduces asthma attacks by effectively keeping dust and chemical allergens away
- Improves overall indoor air quality by reducing airborne dust and chemical gases
- It helps to control the spread of germs, viruses, and disease-causing due to them
- Safe To the Environment
Checkout Our Products: https://ecochem.ind.in/our-products/